Wednesday 26 December 2012

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to All fellow Writers!

So - here we are - at the end of another sometimes great and sometimes not so great year! And this will be my last blog post of 2012!
I want to thank everyone who has followed me, read and commented on my thoughts and ruminations - and occasional ranty bits - and also to say how much I have enjoyed my second year of blogging. Reading all the other blogs I suscribe to has been an education and I can now state I am officially hooked on blogging! I hope my followers will continue to read my musings in 2013 as I try to develop my blog further...
However, I will say to all and sundry, that I intend to keep my postings relatively short as I know how precious time is to all of us. One of my bug bears in 2012 was trying to keep up with blogs I had said I would follow, only to discover that some wrote such long missives that I could not devote the time reading to the end! I hated this as the blogger concerned had probably worked long and hard on their post... But time is precious when you have a million things to do and a WIP demanding time and attention.
May I make a plea to all bloggers - KISS - 'keep it simple and short'??? I, for one, will then come back frequently...
So grumps done - bring on 2013 and let the blogging world rock and roll!

Happy New Year to all fellow Bloggers!

8 comments:

  1. I always keep it simple and short. No long posts for me. No, ma'am. Simple and short. Although of course, KISS really means keep it simple, stupid. But simple and short is a nicer interpretation. Oh, yeah, simple and short, simple and short -- kind of like me. Simple minded and rather short in stature. Or at least of average height. But oh, yes, let's keep everything simple and short -- especially our comments. Simple and short comments are so much better. I think I'm tired now. In spite of being simple and short, I think I have enough of a comment going here to try the patient of a saint.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why my posts are a variety of short items. Although I do intend to scale them back next year!
    Here's to a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I agree! I often do not stick around to read the really long posts. Or, I'll read part of the post and then skip to the comments. I try to shoot for 300-500 words, unless it's an interview. Those tend to run longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for 2013. (I'll try to keep my posts short, I promise)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Short posts! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year - 2013 belongs to writers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of short posts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this post completely about the difference of newest and previous technologies,
    it's amazing article.

    Look into my site; roulette online

    ReplyDelete