Thursday 16 June 2011

OMG! a brilliant book on social networking

I just finished Kristen Lamb books on social networking and OMG my eyes have been opened! I have bumbled along with blogging, tweeting etc for a while, learning as I go and making tons of mistakes only to find someone made most of them before me and I could have saved myself a heck of a lot of time! ( that most precious of commodity)
Her books? 'Are you there blog? it's me writer.,' and 'We are not alone: The Writer's guide to social networking.'
It's not often that I read a non-fiction book so voraciously that I stay up all night but this one (We are not Alone) - it had me entranced. It's written so well too with lots of lighthearted bits that will make you smile.
I was learning in a very pleasant way. And it all made sense!
A must have book for all writers who want to move with the times and develop their social networking platforms.
Stop Press! This blog will be changing soon - please come by and visit again...

For samples of my thriller novels please visit http://www.patricianewcombe.webnode.com/

7 comments:

  1. I agree that in this day and age (cliche alert!), it's true that writers can't just sit back and let their publishers/editors do the marketing stuff. The problem occurs when we spend so much time marketing ourselves that we don't have time to write or are so exhausted when we finally get to our work that our brains have turned to mush. I do have an agent although, as yet she has been unable to persuade any editor to take me on. I do blog, though not as regularly as I ought and tweet (ditto). But I would hate to become a blogger who writes, rather than a writer who blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is that side to it. It's easy to get taken over by the networking thing. But it's up to us to be aware and ration our time, I think. Marketing is such a big thing nowadays and publishers/agents expect writers to do most of it. It could be a bit less time consuming than trudging round bookshops et??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be interested to see what you change after reading that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Elana Johnson's post today and wanted to stop in and see what you were working with. Now I see that you're about to change it up. Looks like I made it for the Before & After.

    I love blogging. It's a part of me now. I've grown so much as a writer and as a human being I couldn't imagine a day without (except the weekends of course).

    Look forward to seeing the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be back to see the changes, and of course, to find out when you are next PDC for a coffee and a natter.... wishing you great success! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's not going to change massively in terms of appearance - I'm just going to change the focus of the topics I blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting. I love it when a book has that effect on me. It makes me feel all energised and motivated to run forward. I look forward to the changes you will make.
    Elpi

    ReplyDelete